They’re finished! These socks are knit from my Harriet’s Posies handspun…what a thrill to think that these started as a 8 oz. braid of fluff, and they became socks right here in my house. Wahooty!
This project was a great learning experience for me. I realized while spinning the first single that I was going to end up with some enormous yellow stretches. For the second single, I pre-drafted my roving a bit to make sure the big section of yellow would be broken up and stretched out over the skein. When plied, I still ended up with some seriously yellow sections, but I’ve learned how to deal with it better next time.
There is quite a bit left of this yarn…I may use it for socks for one of the wee girlies.